Did you know that 42% of all online searches are branded? That’s because when people are looking for a specific product or service, they often turn to brands they trust.
If you want to make sure your business is one of those trusted brands, it’s important to understand how branded searches and branded keywords work.
In this guide, we will discuss what branded searches are and how you can optimise your website to rank for them. We’ll also talk about branded keywords and how you can use them to reach more customers.
What are Branded Searches and Branded Keywords?
Branded searches are when someone searches for a specific product or company on Google. This can be done by typing the company name into the search bar or by searching for a specific product that the company makes.
Branded searches are when someone types in a specific brand name as their search query. For example, if someone was looking for information about Apple products, they would type “Apple” into the search bar.
Branded keywords are the keywords that relate to a specific brand. For example, “Apple iPhone” would be a branded keyword for Apple.
A branded search includes your brand name or your brand name as part of it.
Why are Branded Searches and Keywords Important?
Branded searches and keywords are important because they are the terms that people use to find your company or product. If you are not ranking for these terms, you are missing out on potential customers.
How can you Optimise your Website for Branded Searches and Keywords?
- Use the brand name in your title tags and meta descriptions: This is one of the most effective ways to rank for a branded search. Make sure to use the brand name in both the title tag and meta description so that it will be more likely to appear in the results page.
- Include the brand name in your content: Place the brand name throughout your website’s content. This will help to ensure that your site appears higher on the results page for branded searches.
- Use social media: Create social media profiles in the name of your brand and promote your brand on social media sites like Twitter and Facebook. This will help you rank higher in the results page for branded searches, especially if your brand is associated with a specific topic or industry.
- Use your brand name in business listings: Make sure to list your brand name in all of the major business directories, like Google My Business, Yelp, and Bing Places for Business. This will help to ensure that your site appears at the top of the results page for branded searches.
- Use schema markup: Schema markup is one of the best ways to optimise your site for branded searches. It allows you to tell search engines what kind of content you have on your page, which can help them rank it higher in the results page.
- Use your brand name as anchor text: When you link to your website from other websites, use your brand name as the anchor text. This will help to improve your site’s ranking for branded searches.
- Get reviews on trusted review websites: List your business on review web sites like TrustPilot, Google Reviews, and Yelp. This will help to increase the trustworthiness of your brand and improve your ranking for branded searches.
What are the Benefits of using Branded Searches and Keywords?
- Increased visibility: When you rank for your brand’s name, you’ll have higher visibility than any other website on the results page. This is because people are more likely to click on the first result for a known brand name than any other result.
- Increased trust: People are more likely to trust a brand that they’re familiar with. When you rank for your branded keywords, you’ll be seen as an authority on the topic and people will be more likely to trust your products and services.
- Increased traffic: Branded searches often have a higher click-through rate than non-branded searches. This means that you’ll get more traffic from people who are already interested in what you have to offer.
Branded searches are an important part of any SEO strategy. They help you rank higher in Google and other search engines, which will increase your traffic and sales. You can also use branded keywords to target specific customers who may be interested in what your company has to offer.
To optimise your website for branded searches, make sure to include the brand name in your title tags, meta descriptions, content, social media posts, and business listings. You can also use schema markup and anchor text to improve your site’s ranking.
By following these tips, you’ll be well on your way to ranking higher for branded searches and improving your online marketing campaigns.